Lesson 5 Guru-Padacharya
To nurture within students, early in their spiritual progress, a deep and authentic devotional relationship with Srila Prabhupada, as the Founder-acarya and principle shiksa-guru of ISKCON and with their respective diksha and shiksha gurus.
By the end of the lesson students should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of the terms ‘guru-padashraya’ and ‘Prabhupada-ashraya’
- Discuss methods for, and benefits of, developing a deep devotional relationship with Srila Prabhupada from the beginning of one’s spiritual life.
- Evaluate the effect that regular study of Srila Prabhupada books play in regard to developing a deep relationship with him.
- Cite the current guidelines, for new devotees joining ISKCON, in regard taking shelter of Srila Prabhupada.
- Discuss the relationship between ashraya of one’s current or prospective diksha and shiksa gurus and ashraya of Srila Prabhupada.
- Give relevant reference to the teachings of Srila Prabhupada and the broader Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition