Lesson 3 Srila Prabhupada – ISKCON Founder Acarya
To help students understand the unique position of Srila Prabhupada as:
- the pre-eminent representative of Krishna and previous acaryas (for the modern world)
- the preeminent shiksha-guru in ISKCON (for present and future generations)
By the end of the lesson students should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of the terms Founder-acarya and ‘preeminent guru’.
- Explain the unique function of the Founder-acarya of an institute.
- Identify ways, and explain in their own words, how Srila Prabhupada functions as the Founder-acarya and preeminent shiksha-guru of ISKCON.
- Discuss ways to ensure that Srila Prabhupada remains the Founder-acarya and preeminent shiksha-guru of ISKCON for future generations.